Payment Options

Subsidies for Counseling Fees

Payment options at the Samaritan Counseling Center include cash, check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and vouchers from our Partners In Ministry congregations.

Counseling with many of our therapists may be covered through insurance or Employee Assistance Program plans. Currently our insurance coverage includes Aetna, Geisinger, Highmark Blue Shield, Magellan, Medicare, Optum/United Behavioral Health, Quest Behavioral Health and UPMC, among others.

Additionally, in an effort to make services affordable to all, Samaritan does provide subsidies for mental health care services. Clients experiencing financial difficulties may apply for a subsidy if they are unable to afford the full fee for the counseling services. A person’s financial situation, as well as family situation, is taken into consideration when a request is made.

You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost. For information on Good Faith Estimates, please click here.

If you have questions about insurance coverage or the subsidies, or questions about payment in general, please call 717-560-9969 for additional information.

How Subsidies Work at Samaritan

Samaritan has three funds that can be used to subsidize fees for clients who are unable to afford the full fee for counseling services: the Samaritan Fund, the Silent Samaritan Fund and the Child & Adolescent Fund.

Eligible clients are defined as individuals who either have no insurance, or who have insurance coverage taken by Samaritan Counseling Center but have a high deductible/coinsurance/copay.

To make the best use of the funds provided by our individual, nonprofit and corporate donors, we are not able to provide funding to clients with insurance coverage not taken by Samaritan Counseling Center. This includes both Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).

If you have any questions regarding our funding policy or the insurance we currently take, please call us directly at 717-560-9969.

Designate a gift to one of our funds or programs