Empowering People & Organizations
The Samaritan Center’s mission begins and ends with people and our community. Children, adults, couples, families, businesses, organizations, and faith communities throughout Lancaster County are strengthened, empowered, and healed through counseling, education, consulting for businesses, and clergy and congregation care services. Our multi-disciplinary team includes professionals with mental health care, educational, business, and pastoral experience.
Teen mental and emotional well-being education and screening program that engages students on the topics of general mental health including depression, anxiety, and suicide ideation. Screenings are conducted on-site at schools with the goal of connecting students and their families with vital resources.
Samaritan Center fosters hope and healing for the emotional, mental, and relational health of all people. We recognize that injustice and inequity exist in our community—and at some level, within all of our hearts. We support health and equality for persons of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, family structures, socioeconomic backgrounds, disabilities, and orientations to spirituality. We are committed to recognizing and acknowledging our own shortcomings and blinders, to identifying how we may better cultivate diversity and inclusion, and to making our building both literally and figuratively accessible. At this time and always, we desire to serve while being mindful of the needs for social justice, kindness, caring, humility, and humanity in all that we do.
Support Our Work
- Read the 2023 Fall Newsletter – Featuring articles written by staff and information about our services.
- Donate – Our counseling services are subsidized to ensure individuals have access to the help they need, regardless of their ability to pay.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Discover how you can support Samaritan.
- Partners In Ministry – Partner with Samaritan as a faith community to extend the ministry and outreach of your congregation.
- Read the 2022 Annual Report – Featuring articles written by staff – learn about the impact of Samaritan Center in your community.